Definition of terms: (I, we, us and our, refer to Fox Associates Private Investigators. Client, customer, ‘you’ refers to a client of Fox Associates that has paid Fox Associates in part or in full for its’ services.)
1. When instructing Fox Associates to conduct any type of investigation or research, you will be entering into a legally binding agreement. Such an agreement obliges you (the client) to pay such fees that have been agreed either verbally or in writing, and in return Fox Associates promise to complete your enquiry to the best of our ability and provide you with a report on the outcome of your instructions, written, orally, or in such a way as is deemed fit by Fox Associates.
2. Refunds Policy. Where Fox Associates have been instructed to commence an investigation or associated enquiry and any kind of deposit or payment has been made by the client, these monies are non-refundable in part or in full once Fox Associates has commenced work on the client’s instructions, in full or in part, if the request for refund is made thereafter. If no work has been commenced by Fox Associates on the client’s behalf and, it is agreed that a refund can be made, then a refund minus a 25% administration fee will be made.
3. Fees. All fees for instructing Fox Associates are payable in advance of our commencing work on any instructions for the client unless previously agreed. These fees are non-refundable unless agreed as per term (2) of Fox Associates terms and conditions. Failure to make required payments within 7 days of the investigation proceeding may result in a claim through the county courts and the use of a bailiff or debt recovery agent to recover our costs.
4.Consultancy/appointment/court appearance fees and associated expenses are payable and will be charged by Fox Associates Limited at the rate of £90.00 per hour, whilst engaged at meetings either in person or by telephone, and for any agents time used as a direct result of the consultancy. This will also include mileage at £0.48 per mile and a travelling cost of £40.00 per hour plus any other travel or miscellaneous expenses incurred.
5. Fox Associates, its agents, affiliates and representatives make no guarantee that the information contained in reports derived from open source internet research or other methods, and provided to clients, whether implied or stated, either orally communicated or in writing, are true and accurate. Fox Associates accepts no liability for any inaccuracies in its reporting, the use, misuse or any loss arising from its’ reports.
6. Legality. Fox Associates are professional investigators and obtain all information from legal and ethical sources. Fox Associates operate within the guidelines of the Security Industries Act and our own ethical and moral code of conduct. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate an investigation if we feel that in our opinion those codes will be breached.
7. Fox Associates is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 (England & Wales). Fox Associates will not knowingly undertake investigations that will be in breach of privacy laws, or indeed any laws governing the domicile within which it is instructed to perform investigations. Any client that is found to be abusing the services of Fox Associates, for illicit, criminal or any unlawful purpose will have their agreement(s) with Fox Associates terminated without notice. Fox Associates will assist any legally recognised authority in the prosecution of parties abusing its’ services in such a manner. It is a client’s responsibility to seek the proper legal advice about what is lawful.
8. Confidentiality. Fox Associates, its agents and representatives will never disclose client information without being served the proper legal instrument that Fox Associates must comply with, unless the client expressly wishes us to release any such information to a third party and does so in writing or other recordable electronic communication. In the absence of such an instrument, or client authority to release information pertaining to a client’s investigations, Fox Associates considers all client materials, identity data, and all material relating to client investigations as highly confidential. After an investigation has concluded and Fox Associates has informed the client of the results, all papers, documents or electronic data including emails, computer files and media shall be destroyed. Any documents that are the legal property of the client will be returned to the client by a method requested by the client, and at the client’s expense.
9. Results of investigations. Any payment made to Fox Associates for any service whatsoever, is on the understanding that payment is for the investigation work that Fox Associates or any persons working on our behalf are either about to carry out, or have already carried out. Under no circumstances is payment made on the basis of investigation results.
10. Any money due for payment that is outstanding for a period of 7 days beyond the start date of the investigation unless otherwise agreed will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus any VAT due to cover the collection costs incurred. This surcharge together with all other charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the client and will be legally enforceable.
11. The site www.foxassociatespi.co.uk is owned and operated by Fox Associates Private Investigators. Business address: 3, Oswin Road, Leicester. LE3 1HR
Updated July 2015